[Scale-planning] SCaLE AV setup

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 20:57:32 UTC 2019

Hi Hans,
In the past we spun our own solution which involved converting vga to
standard def video and capturing that. We wrote custom scripts involving
gstreamer and vlc, to Mix video from networked ptz camera and laptop video
converted to standard def. Then streamed that to youtube live. We are
currently converting to hdmi capture(for laptop video) and OBS studio for
mixing, capture and streaming. I would recommend something along those
lines as OBS studio is opensource and is the defacto standard for
twitch/youtube live streamers.  Which means there is now a market for hdmi
capture devices priced for consumers.

socallinuxexpo github has much of are work, we will be better at getting
our next gen stuff for next year up there.