[Scale-planning] SCaLE AV setup

der.hans Verteiler+scale-planning at LuftHans.com
Fri Aug 30 05:40:21 UTC 2019

Am 28. Aug, 2019 schwätzte Michael Proctor-Smith so:

moin moin Michael,

> In the past we spun our own solution which involved converting vga to
> standard def video and capturing that. We wrote custom scripts involving

Yeah, I knew the AV team had put a bunch of work into different
iterations. I just don't remember details.

> gstreamer and vlc, to Mix video from networked ptz camera and laptop video
> converted to standard def. Then streamed that to youtube live. We are
> currently converting to hdmi capture(for laptop video) and OBS studio for
> mixing, capture and streaming. I would recommend something along those

That's what we're using for PLUG. It's currently a one-off solution from
one of our people.

> lines as OBS studio is opensource and is the defacto standard for
> twitch/youtube live streamers.  Which means there is now a market for hdmi

Ah, didn't know it was getting picked up like that. Cool.

> capture devices priced for consumers.
>
> socallinuxexpo github has much of are work, we will be better at getting
> our next gen stuff for next year up there.

Found it, thanks.

ciao,

der.hans

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 6:28 PM der.hans <
> verteiler+scale-planning at lufthans.com> wrote:
>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> Do we have any public postings or presentations that describe how SCaLE
>> does session recording and streaming?
>>
>> I'm working with the SeaGL AV team to improve the recording setup. As part
>> of that I'm surveying conferences I'm familiar with. The goal is to
>> blog about what other conferences are doing and apply what we can to
>> SeaGL's setup.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> #  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
>> #  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,
#  keine Ahnung und keinen (.)plan. -- die Toten Hosen