[Scale-planning] Mobile App

Nathan Haines nathan at nhaines.com
Fri Feb 8 03:48:50 UTC 2019

Thanks for all your hard work, Derek.  I've made a few notes, and in the
interest of time, I'll be blunt--but please know that I appreciate the
effort it takes to make an app, much less a cross-platform one!

I noticed that on Android, the back button doesn't do anything--you have
to tap the toolbar button.  That screams "amateur," and of course the
app is a lot better than that!

If you look at the schedule, there's an "add to my schedule" button, but
if you do so, there's no indication that it worked after you dismiss the
confirmation.  I feel like the [+] button should change to a different
icon or at the least a [-] button to remove it.

Last, I can't actually scroll down to the last session on any day, just
the second-to-last, so that I can scroll the screen and hold my finger
on the screen to see the last session, but I can never add it to my
schedule or tap it to view the details.

Tapping a session to view the web page also seems a little disjointed
(although the dynamic responsiveness of the SCALE fits in nicely), but
I'd rather have a native view of the description and author info.

"Back" button support is a major issue, the rest are serious but much
more minor.  It's still a pretty good mobile experience, and much better
than sliding around the web site.  So thanks for all the hard work!

Regards,
Nathan